The aim of the IMG Sub Committee is to provide education and support to IMGs working in public hospitals in Tasmania. It seeks to achieve this by identifying work issues affecting IMGs, assessing the training needs of IMGs and identifying where these needs are not met.
The Sub Committee also works to develop programs to enhance the professional skills of the IMGs, examines the relationship between various agencies involved in offering education and training opportunities to IMGs, and serves as a central coordinating body for IMGs in Tasmania. It is vital that IMG representatives from the hospital sites are involved.
Membership of IMG Sub Committee:
Membership comprises representatives from all hospital sites in Tasmania including:
- Directors of Clinical Training
- Medical Education Advisors
- IMG representatives from the North West Regional Hospital, Mersey Community Hospital, Launceston General Hospital and the Royal Hobart Hospital
- General Practice Training Tasmania Representative
- Medical Council Tasmania Representative
- Department of Health and Human Services Representative
- PMCT IMG Project Officer
The IMG Sub Committee meets four times each year with members meeting either face-to-face or via telephone or videoconference link.
If you are interested in joining or have any questions about the subcommittee, please contact:
(03) 6222 8098
2012 Report of the IMG Sub Committee
Click here to read a brief report from the Chair of the IMG Sub Committee.