Clinical Bridging Courses
PMCT has been running up to four Clinical Bridging Courses per year since 2004 to assist International Medical Graduates (IMGs) within Tasmania in their AMC Clinical examination preparation. Places in our courses have also been filled by many Interstate and International residing IMG's.
The 2 day weekend PMCT Clinical Bridging Courses include:
- 20 station trial exam
- USB video footagle of yourself performing in 2 OSCE stations and a 'clear pass' example of both scenarios
- a copy of examiner marking sheets and roleplayer feedback sheets from each station
- a summary of overall pass rates for each station and common reasons for failure
- review of all station scenarios
- identification of common mistakes and areas needing attention
- strategies for exam preparation and performance
Places are limited to 18 candidates only, as we 'mirror' the real AMC clinical exam and this allows every candidate to actively participate in every station during the trial exam component of the course. (We can also offer up to 4 'observer' positions for the practice exam component of the course at a reduced cost of 50%)
With the introduction of Work Place Based Assessment for IMGs in Tasmania, the need of Tasmanian based IMGs for our courses has decreased. With this in mind, PMCT will now take 'expressions of interest' from IMGs interested in attending one of our weekend Clinical Bridging Course and offer courses on an 'as needs' basis.
- AMC Candidate Number
- Current Residential address